Liturgical Aids for the Memorial of Saint Godfrey
Suggestions for intercessions:
On this feast of St. Godfrey, who placed his trust in the liberating presence
of God by living his life entirely in accord with the evangelical counsels,
let us pray to God our Father through his intercession:
- St. Godfrey completely changed his former way of life and gave it a whole
new direction. Give the people of today the courage to begin anew in their
lives and to always turn again through conversion of heart to You.
- St. Godfrey spurned his wealth and patrimony and gave everything to St.
Norbert and his Order. May we not become so attached to earthly possessions
that we miss the deeper meaning of our life.
- St. Godfrey exchanged his knightly armor for the white habit of the Order.
Call the people of today to follow You and inspire many of them to serve You
in our Order.
- St. Godfrey had to defend the conviction of his faith against the hostility
and incomprehension of others. Strengthen Christians who put their faith in
You and Your presence which gives courage, especially in difficult times.
- St. Godfrey commended his life back into Your hands at the age of thirty.
Receive the deceased benefactors of the Norbertine Order and all the souls
of the faithful departed into Your kingdom of eternal peace.
- Your Church is always in need of reform. Assist all who are striving toward
a religious renewal of their lives.
- St. Godfrey renounced his personal possessions for Your sake. Strengthen
all Christians who strive to live a genuinely Christian life.
- Like St. Godfrey, many people are seeking the deeper meaning of their lives.
In a special way accompany the youth of our community/parish in their search
for the true values of the Gospel.
- St. Godfrey accompanied our Holy Father Norbert. Make all Norbertines good
companions along the way for the people of today.
- The saints behold Your Glory. Grant also to our beloved dead resurrection
to eternal life.
You reveal Your power in the witness of Your saints. To You be glory, praise
and honor, both now and forever. Amen.